The Academy of Marketing is committed to excellence in teaching and learning and we aim to support faculty in this endeavour to further strengthen the community of marketing educators.
The new Academy of Marketing Education Mentoring Scheme is designed to provide bespoke support for marketing faculty for their pedagogic practice and career progression.
This scheme is not restrictive and we welcome applications from teaching and/or research focussed faculty. This is a supportive, developmental scheme for faculty at any stage of their career.
The mentoring scheme lasts for six months and offers four one to one mentoring sessions with one senior internationally recognised marketing educator and four one to one coaching sessions with an independent accredited coach who has specialist knowledge of academia and specifically, the marketing discipline.
We are seeking submissions that clearly identify a focus for development under the mentoring scheme. Some examples of focus are listed below as a guide. These are not restrictive and we welcome a wide range of applications for the mentoring scheme.
- Developing career profile
- Career trajectory and strategy
- Developing teaching practice and classroom techniques
- Pedagogic research
- Engaging with digital advancements
- Module development
- Programme development
- Exploring pedagogic innovation
- HEA accreditation
- Applications will be reviewed and up to three mentoring spaces will be awarded in 2023
- Return completed form by email only to Anne Foy at the Academy of Marketing ([email protected] ). Complete one submission form per individual. Closing date is 3rd May 2023 (12 noon GMT).
- Please note applicants must be members of the Academy of Marketing. Membership enquiries can be directed to [email protected]
- All mentoring and coaching sessions will be strictly confidential.
- The mentoring and coaching sessions will take place online.
- The mentoring scheme will last for six months from September 2023 and conclude by March 2024
- Mentees will receive four one to one mentoring sessions with one senior internationally recognised marketing educator during the six-month period
- Mentees will receive four one to one coaching sessions with an independent accredited coach who has specialist knowledge of academia and specifically, the marketing discipline during the six-month period.
- All costs associated with coaching are funded by the Academy of Marketing. Mentors will work for the scheme on a voluntary basis.
All proposals must be on a completed submission form which can be downloaded here:
- Deadline for submissions: 3 May 2023 by 12 noon
- Mentees notified: June 2023
- Mentors and mentees allocated: August 2023
- Mentoring scheme to commence: September 2023
- Mentoring scheme to complete: March 2024