Teaching Excellence Awards
Teaching Excellence Awards
The Academy of Marketing Teaching Excellence Awards are sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Marketors. These awards recognise and celebrate teaching excellence in HE marketing education. Truly excellent practice is occurring in marketing education, but we have few means to acknowledge great practice and also few ways to share success. These awards offer the opportunity to celebrate the hard work, creativity and impact of teaching in the marketing discipline. The Academy of Marketing is committed to enabling academics to share innovation, excellence and the impact of marketing education.
Winners are awarded £500 to spend on teaching related resources or activities. Additionally, winners are invited to present a public inaugural style lecture as part of a bespoke event to showcase their work and celebrate teaching excellence. The awards will be presented at the Academy of Marketing Annual Conference in July.
2024 Teaching Excellence Awards
Submissions should address the topic of teaching excellence and may wish to include one of the following themes. These themes are not restrictive and we welcome a range of submissions.
• Commitment to excellence in the delivery and/or support of teaching and learning in marketing.
• A team that has worked collaboratively to demonstrate innovation in marketing education.
• Contribution to the promotion of research-informed teaching in marketing that has a direct impact on the student learning experience.
• Innovation in the marketing curriculum that has had a transformative effect on teaching, that has the potential to be sustainable, and is capable of being applied in different educational contexts.
• Showcase excellent teaching and ingenuity with a case study from teaching practice that evidences impact on student learning and demonstrates best practice in marketing education.
• Leadership in marketing education to promote a commitment to inclusive, innovative approaches to teaching and supporting learning.
Download the application form for full details:
- Two awards will be given if the judges have identified evidence of Teaching Excellence.
- Closing date is 1 May 2024 (12 noon GMT). Return completed form and up to one file of supporting evidence together by email only to the Academy of Marketing ([email protected] ). Complete one submission form per individual or per team.
- Written supporting evidence (i.e., Word or PDF) may be included along with the submission form. Please ensure that files do not exceed 2 pages.
- Please note that all entrants must be members of the Academy of Marketing. Membership enquiries can be directed to [email protected]
2023 Award Winner
The 2023 Teaching Excellence Award was presented to Pilar Rojas-Gaviria, Module Leader of the University of Birmingham Team for the project titled Module Consumer Insights: Discovering Consumer Behaviour through Dance. Team Members: Pilar Rojas-Gaviria, Rohan Venkatraman, Xuxiangru Fan, Aikaterini Tavoulari.
The award was presented by Master Marketor Dr Glyn Cartwright.